Pinterest

Topsy Turvy Moment with Lisa Simmons

Greasing%20the%20SkidsWe've all had moments when our life, career, or writing journey turned topsy turvy. Things change - many times for the better, although it might not seem so at the time.

Today my guest is Lisa Simmons. Let's read about her life-changing moment she shared when I asked, "Have you had a time in your life, career, or writing journey where everything turned ‘topsy turvy’?"

My topsy turvy moment was a gradual one. I realize about 5 years ago when my youngest child (my only daughter) started high school that I was soon going to be out of a job... "MOM." I had been a stay-at-home mom for about 25 years and loved it, but knew that some day it would end. That time was bearing down on me like a freight train. So I began doing what I had always wanted to do, slowly at first and gradually picking up steam - writing, singing, and mentoring young moms.

Now that my daughter is a freshman in college, I'm so glad that I started early in preparing myself for "empty nest". I have enjoyed every stage of motherhood and am enjoying this one as well. You can listen to some of my "mom songs" at www.reverbnation.com/greasingtheskids.

Thanks, Lisa, for sharing your Topsy Turvy Moment. Be sure to check out her fun songs! 

3 comments:

Lisa Simmons said...

Thank you Donna...I appreciate your support and encouragement!

Donna McDine said...

Time certainly does go fast! I'm glad you find something that inspires you!

Donna J. Shepherd said...

Doesn't it? It seems like only yesterday my kids were running around the house in diapers. Thanks for stopping by, Donna.

Topsy Turvy Land

Submit my blog Books